Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   IS   RU   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Słownik polsko-niemiecki

BETA Online-Wörterbuch Polnisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Polnisch
 ZWOWiD »
« Kleiner Text zum übersetzen    

Polish-German Translation of
Deszcz jesienny deszcz

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Deszcz, jesienny deszcz  
von Catesse (AU), 2015-01-19, 06:45  like dislike  Spam?  
Parts of this song are driving me crazy. I understand the general meaning, but I cannot understand the grammar behind the sentence structure.
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC2G5ajiklk
Text taken from another site:
Deszcz, jesienny deszcz, smutne pieśni gra,
Mokną na nim karabiny, helmy kryje rdza.
Nieś po błocie dal, w zapłakany świat,
Przemoczone pod plecakiem, osiemnaście lat.
I am not certain that "na nim" is what is being sung in this version, but that was in the written text. I cannot find a meaning for "na" that would explain the relationship between the gun and the soldier.
Help, please. (German or English.)
Antwort: 
von bacek73 (CZ), 2015-01-19, 08:03  like dislike  Spam?  
The guns are in the rain?
Czech: moknout - be out in the rain
Antwort: 
Getting wet  #785154
von Catesse (AU), 2015-01-19, 09:15  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, but it is not quite the point. "Mokną" is the 3rd person plural present tense of "moknać", to become wet, and "karabiny mokną" means "the rifles are getting wet". But how does "na nim" fit in grammatically?
(Czech and Polish are very close, but sometimes there are critical differences. My husband was in Czechoslovakia in February-May 1945. His unit - Polish - was liaising with a Czech underground group that had been planning a revolt in Pilsen. But, considering what had happened in Warsaw, they thought better of it. On the way, he seriously offended one of the Czech liaison officers by something that he said, for which the Polish and Czech meanings were quite different. Like, for example, "burro" is butter in Italian and donkey in Spanish.)
Antwort: 
hmm  #785170
von Mayones (PL/DE), 2015-01-19, 11:41  like dislike  Spam?  
Heya!
I'm not sure if this is it, what you want to know. Here we go.

Mokną na nim karabiny - Mokną na deszczu karabiny.

Na kim, na czym? na deszczu.

It's like "ubrania suszą się na słońcu" - "słońce świeci i moje want ubrania suszą się na nim".

I can't use youtube, but if you give me the text, i will try to translate it.

Pozdro600 !
Antwort: 
Name of song + tekst  #785172
von Catesse (AU), 2015-01-19, 11:58  like dislike  Spam?  
Text of song:
http://www.tekstowo.pl/piosenka,patriotyczne,deszcz___jesienny_desz...
Pressing the "Tłumaczenie" box retrieves an English translation of sorts (on my machine). It is one of the better ones. At least it does not translate "jesienny deszcz" as "rainfall". As I said, I understand the meaning of most of it, but I do not understand some of the grammar.
4; Mayones: thank you, thank you, thank you. I ought to have realised that "nim" referred to "it" (the rain), not "him" (the soldier). I shall not make that mistake again. (Well, maybe.)

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Polnisch-Wörterbuch (Słownik polsko-niemiecki) basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung